12.7.10

Mes 10 citations préférées de Sir Winston Churchill.


1 -
"I am easily satisfied with the very best."

Something we have in common, sir Winston.

2 -
"I am never going to have anything more to do with politics or politicians. When this war is over I shall confine myself entirely to writing and painting."

Look at that! Something else we have in common! i've told myself the exact same thing for the past 6 weeks...

3 -
"I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me."

Unfortunately, alcohol has taken a lot more out of me...

4 -
"If you have an important point to make, don't try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again. Then hit it a third time - a tremendous whack. "

I shall not forget that.Hit, hit, hit and WHACK!

5 -
"Meeting Franklin Roosevelt was like opening your first bottle of champagne; knowing him was like drinking it. "

Bubbles, bubbles, bubbles...

6 -
"It is no use saying, 'We are doing our best.' You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary. "

Oh my god, my mum is Winston Churchill!

7 -
"Never, never, never give up."

Me? Never...

8 -
"The first quality that is needed is audacity. "

My first, my last, my everything.

9 -
"There is no such thing as public opinion. There is only published opinion."

This quote I shall really remember for next meeting.

10 -
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
Goooooooooood! Get it, weon?

No comments:

Post a Comment